New York City, New York
Monday, December 15 – Tuesday, December 16, 2014
APPLICATION AVAILABLE NOW. DEADLINE OCT. 24.
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
SELECTED STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OCT. 29
The Office of Personal and Career Development is pleased to announce the Career Exploration Trek will be in New York City, New York! Students from all academic disciplines and class years are invited to immerse themselves in the vibrant world of the “Big Apple,” while learning about some of the world’s most dynamic and creative industries:
- Media and Communications
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Fashion and Retail
- Arts Administration
Check out the video from last year’s trek:
The trip will be a valuable professional learning experience. Students will have an opportunity to become familiar with companies in a personal setting with industry professionals and expand their professional network for greater career opportunities.
Site visits for the 2014 trek include:
Past site visit hosts include:
Complete applications through Deacon Source. Students must apply separately for each trek. See application links below. Selected participants will be notified on Wednesday, October 29th. Please check the OPCD website for updates. Treks have a limit of 15 students per industry.
To apply, follow these steps:
2. On the black toolbar, click on Employers and in the Employer Name field, type in Wake Forest University, then slick Search.
3. You will see a results page where to the right of the Wake Forest University name, there will be a number 4 hyperlink. Click on the hyperlink to see the 4 trek options.
4. Click on the trek that you are interested in; then read the description and application information.
5. When you are ready to submit your resume and one-page reflection statement, upload these documents into your DeaconSource account, search for the DeaconSource trek posting, and apply.
Your application must include your resume and a reflection statement that includes an explanation of the following:
1) Why you would like to attend the trek
2) What you hope to get out of the experience
3) What perspectives or interests you will bring to the group as a whole
4) How you will use the trek experience to further your professional development upon return
5) What your experience is with the relevant industry
Students must provide their own accommodations, transportation to and from New York, travel costs throughout the city and meals. There is no charge to attend the Monday evening networking session and hors d’oeuvres will be provided.