1. What is the Health & Exercise Science (HES) major?
2. What careers interest students in this major?
3. What skills are developed within this major?
4. What HES resources are available?
5. Where have Wake Forest graduates landed jobs with this major?
6. Where can I get more information about the HES major?
The purpose of the health and exercise department is to advance knowledge through research and to disseminate the knowledge in this field of study through education of and service to humanity. The primary focus of the department is promoting health and preventing and treating disease through healthful behaviors, emphasizing physical activity and nutrition.
HES majors tend to pursue one of three options after graduating. These options are: further education in medicine or allied health fields, further education in HES fields, or immediate employment.
Careers that interest students in the HES major include:
Fitness Center Manager
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Public Health Advocate
Skills developed within this major include: Interpersonal skills; Leading/coordinating; Strong understanding of anatomy and physiology; Awareness of proper nutrition; Caring; Organizing; Motivating/developing others; Problem-solving; and ability to assess the physical condition of others.
Click here to see where HES majors have landed jobs after graduation.
For more information about the HES major, visit the WFU Department of Health & Exercise Science.