As your interview wraps up, the interviewer will more than likely ask you, “Do you have any questions for me/us?” This is your chance to express continued interest in the company, get any specific questions answered, and learn more about the company and the interviewer(s). Always be prepared with 4-5 questions to ask – however, keep in mind that you may not have time to ask them all. Here are a few questions to consider:
- What are opportunities for professional growth within the company?
- How would you describe the work environment?
- What do you enjoy most about working for this organization?
- What is the typical career path for someone in this position?
- How would you describe the management style in this organization?
- Describe the typical first-year assignments for someone in this position.
- What influenced your decision to work for this company?
- What is a typical day like for you at this company?
- I saw on your website that your company does (fill-in-the-blank). Can you tell me more about that?
- What is your timetable for making a decision about the position? OR When should I plan on hearing back from you?
*Do not ask questions about salary, benefits, or anything that the interviewer has already answered for you throughout the interview itself.