Thank you for your interest in partnering with our office for your upcoming event. In order for us to best serve students interested in our programs, please review the following tips. Keep in mind that our office offers a wide variety of career programs throughout the academic year which are open to all students. You may wish to consider bringing your group to one of these programs, which are listed in the events section of Handshake.
OPCD Program Tips
Please request your program a minimum of two weeks in advance.
We prefer that programs are Monday through Thursday and begin no later than 7 p.m.
Your organization must have at least 10 attendees at the program. If your organization is unable to guarantee at least 10 attendees at the program (for example, the organization has fewer than 10 members), please let us know.
We offer programs on the following topics and can also customize programs to fit your needs:
- Career assessment (recommended for first years or sophomores). Take the MBTI assessment prior to the program. Using the assessment results, discover how your interests, skills, personality, and values relate to various careers.
- Career exploration (recommended for first years, sophomores, or juniors). Get tips on how to explore careers and industries through informational interviews, shadowing, mentoring, internships, and online career resources.
- Resume and cover letter (recommended for all students). Learn the basics of writing a targeted resume or cover letter.
- Networking (recommended for all students). Learn how to make significant connections with professionals in your career interest areas via LinkedIn and other methods.
- Interviewing (recommended for juniors and seniors). Gain confidence in your interviewing skills and learn how to answer tough questions with ease.
Please write a thank you note to the presenter.
Interested in an OPCD Program?
Please complete the OPCD Program Request Form below.